[Marxism] regarding Russian air strikes

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Oct 1 10:22:52 MDT 2015

On 10/1/15 12:05 PM, Joseph Catron via Marxism wrote:

> And don''t get me started on the rebels. Even worse with the lies!
>
> "The commander of the Liwa Suqour al-Jabal rebel group, which has received
> training by the CIA, says a training camp in Idlib province was struck by
> about 20 missiles in two separate sorties."
>
> http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/01/russia-launches-fresh-airstrikes-on-syria-targets

Joseph evidently uses American support as a litmus test for whether a
group is counter-revolutionary. On that basis, both Mao Zedong and Hi
Chi Minh were counter-revolutionary for getting arms and training from
the OSS during WWII.

This kind of reductionist thinking is very seductive for non-Marxist
radicals like Joseph Catron.

If you are interested in finding out exactly what the FSA is up to in
Syria, you should look at this:

https://news.vice.com/video/the-battle-for-syrias-south-full-length

Or even better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuiFGECCmRw