[Marxism] regarding Russian air strikes

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Oct 1 10:37:06 MDT 2015

On 10/1/15 12:28 PM, Joseph Catron wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 12:22 PM, Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com
> <mailto:lnp3 at panix.com>> wrote:
>
>     Joseph evidently uses American support as a litmus test for whether
>     a group is counter-revolutionary.
>

> No, I evidently (the word has a meaning you know) responded to an
> erroneous factual statement.
>
> But given your current outspoken support for al-Qaeda, I have no idea
> what you might consider "revolutionary":
>
> https://twitter.com/LouisProyect1/status/647763922347524098
> https://twitter.com/LouisProyect1/status/647764060155572224
>
> In fact, I'm almost certainly happier without knowing. So there's really
> no need to explain it.

I use the word "revolutionary" in Marxist terms whatever your
predilection. I don't think there is much difference ideologically
between Hamas and the al-Nusra front so I would be just as happy seeing
Hamas using MANPAD's to bring down an IDF F-16 as I would be seeing
al-Nusra bring down a MIG. I understand that you have one yardstick for
an Islamist Hamas and another for al-Nusra but that is your problem, not
mine.