[Marxism] regarding Russian air strikes

Ken Hiebert knhiebert at shaw.ca
Thu Oct 1 14:11:48 MDT 2015

Ron Jacobs said:
Why are we supposed to be bothered that CIA-trained mercenary "rebels" were
attacked?  How are these CIA-trained mercenaries that much different from
the contras or the so-called mujaheddin?

Ken Hiebert replies:
I think you are conceding that Russian planes have attacked non-ISIS targets.
This leads me to ask how Russia has presented their presence in Syria.  Have they presented it as a fight against ISIS?  Or have they presented it as a fight against all opponents of the Syrian government?