[Marxism] CPUSA 'Jewish Life' Magazine -- Help Needed

Paul Flewers trusscott.foundation at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Oct 2 05:01:18 MDT 2015

I'm currently working on a project to republish the three issues of The
Reasoner, a magazine issued in Britain by EP Thompson and John Saville in 1956.

As part of this, I need to obtain a copy of article from the June 1956 issue of
the CPUSA journal Jewish Life to check the text in the Reasoner, no 1, against
the original, as some of the text is garbled. The holdings in various libraries
in London do not have this issue, nor does the on-line archive of the journal on
the Jewish Currents website.

Does anyone here know where I might be able to get this, either as a hard copy
(xeroxed) or a scan (PDF)?

The article is the Statement by the Editorial Board; the opening sentence in the
Reasoner version reads: 'The wiping out of Soviet Jewish culture confirmed in
the past few months horrified us.'

Paul F