[Marxism] CPUSA 'Jewish Life' Magazine -- Help Needed

Lüko Willms marxmail at lws-media.de
Fri Oct 2 09:55:43 MDT 2015

on Freitag, 2. Oktober 2015 at 13:01, Paul Flewers via Marxism wrote:

> As part of this, I need to obtain a copy of article from the June 1956 issue of
> the CPUSA journal Jewish Life to check the text in the Reasoner, no 1, against
> the original, as some of the text is garbled. The holdings in various libraries
> in London do not have this issue, nor does the on-line archive of the journal on
> the Jewish Currents website.

> Does anyone here know where I might be able to get this, either as a hard copy
> (xeroxed) or a scan (PDF)?

  Is that possibly this publication

>         Jewish life (New York, N.Y. : 1946)
>
> Frequency  Monthly
> Published
>         New York, N.Y. : Morning Freiheit Association 1946-1957
>
> Physical description
>     11 v. : ill. ; 29 cm.
> Notes
>
>         Vol. 1, no. 1 (Nov. 1946)-v. 11, no. 12 (Oct. 1957)= -130.
>         Published by: Morning Freiheit Association, Nov. 1946-July
> 1950; Morgen Freiheit, Inc., Aug. 1, 1950-July 1951; Progressive Jewish Life, Inc., Aug. 1951-

  Held At "University College London"
 http://copac.jisc.ac.uk/search?date=1956&ti=Jewish%20life&rn=15
  and at the British Library:
 http://copac.jisc.ac.uk/search?date=1956&ti=Jewish%20life&holding-library=British%20Library&rn=25

  More search results on Great Britain (or the whole country Ukogbani):
 http://copac.jisc.ac.uk/search?date=1956&ti=Jewish%20life&holding-library=University%20College%20London&page=1

Cheers,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt/Main, Germany