[Marxism] Insert economists jargon

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Oct 2 14:37:47 MDT 2015

Tim Mist on FB:
One of the reasons I get annoyed with this debate (technical discussions
of imperialism) is that it often seems like a weird dogmatic attempt to
play down the actions of the Soviet bureaucracy and make out they
weren't as bad as the USA. Explaining to the people of Afghanistan or
Ukraine why what they were experiencing wasn't technically imperialism
because [insert economists jargon] is weird, why bother? If I got beaten
up in the street and had my stuff nicked I really wouldn't want someone
coming up to me after and patiently explaining why no serious theorist
would really describe what happened to me as a real mugging.