[Marxism] New book on 1916 Rebellion and its after-effects

Einde O'Callaghan eindeoc at freenet.de
Sun Oct 4 11:53:10 MDT 2015

On 03.10.2015 17:17, Brian McKenna via Marxism wrote:
> Than You Philip.  I will order this book.
>
> We can learn much from the Easter Rising. My grandfather, Edward McKenna,
> fought the British during these years, was shot and had a price on his head
> before his exile to America. US progressives can learn much by reading the
> works of the Uprising's leader, James Connolly. See JC's Selected Political
> Writings 1973 (eds. Owen Dudley Edwards & Bernard Ransom), London: Jonathan
> Cape.

I'd just like to point out that by far the largest Collection of
Connolly's writings is available online in the James Connolly Internet
Archive <http://www.marxists.org/archive/connolly/index.htm>, part of
the Marxists Internet Archive. This contains all the works from all of
the main anthologies plus a number of articles that have never been
anthologised. The above volume has, unfortunately, been long out of print.

Einde O'Callaghan