[Marxism] Fwd: Chris Hedges: Local Resistance Can Overthrow Our Political Masters - Chris Hedges - Truthdig

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Oct 6 07:38:57 MDT 2015

(By Chris Hedges. Gayle McLaughlin was a member of Camejo's North Star
Network back in the early 80s with me.)

I recently met here in Santa Ana with Gayle McLaughlin, who served two
terms as mayor of Richmond, Calif., a city of 100,000, after being
elected to that post as a Green Party candidate, and physician Jill
Stein, a Massachusetts resident who was the Green Party presidential
nominee in 2012 and now is a candidate for the party’s nomination in the
2016 presidential election.

McLaughlin spent a decade building the Richmond Progressive Alliance
(RPA), a party that refuses corporate donations. The RPA formed
coalitions with other groups and parties, including the Peace and
Freedom Party, and by 2004 it was winning elections. Among the
supporters it attracted were many disenchanted members of the Democratic
Party.

full:
http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/local_resistance_can_overthrow_our_political_masters_20151004