[Marxism] Fwd: The hypocrisy of “Anti-Imperialist” support of Russian intervention in Syria | NOTA

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Oct 6 19:26:41 MDT 2015

rebels as well as  hitting other non-ISIS rebel groups like Jaysh
al-Fatah and Jabhat al-Nusra, whilst there has only been a few token
strikes at ISIS held areas. This graphic better illustrates the point
that most of the airstrikes on October 3rd were focused in the
north-west of the country where the more moderate rebels are
based,whilst almost none hit ISIS controlled area to the East of the
country.

There is a section of people who’s view of Russia’s intervention in
Syria ranges from apathy to even support in some cases. They are the
“anti imperialist” left. What I mean by “anti-imperialists” in quotes
are those designated to be on the “radical left” (I’m being generous by
calling them radicals) who claim to be against interventionism,
imperialism and oppression but in fact are very inconsistent or confused
in applying these principles. In other words if it’s The United States
that’s doing the intervention then expect strong condemnations from
these people but if it’s another power doing the intervention then you
can’t always be certain you will hear anything at all.

full:
https://notanetwork2015.wordpress.com/2015/10/06/the-hypocrisy-of-anti-imperialist-support-of-russian-intervention-in-syria/