[Marxism] The passing of Nelson Peery

Kevin Lindemann and Cathy Campo kklcac at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 9 16:10:53 MDT 2015

Perhaps everyone else on the list knows that Nelson Peery died last month, but I didn't; and I thought his passing should be noted here.

For his obituary in the *People's Tribune*, see http://peoplestribune.org/pt-news/nelson-peery/ .

His two autobiographies, *Black Fire: The Making of an American Revolutionary* and *Black Radical: The Education of an American Revolutionary* were published by the New Press to critical acclaim (see http://thenewpress.com/authors/nelson-peery ), but his death has not received much notice.

Although I disagreed with his interpretation of Marxism, I was saddened to learn of his passing.

--Kevin Lindemann