[Marxism] Foreign intervention worsens Syria crisis

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Oct 10 06:47:03 MDT 2015

On 10/10/15 12:38 AM, Stuart Munckton via Marxism wrote:

> Russia's campaign, aimed to shore up the beleaguered regime of Syrian
> dictator Bashar Assad, will also target the al Qaeda-affiliated Nusra Front
> and other armed groups fighting the dictatorship.
> https://www.greenleft.org.au/node/60291

Tony Iltis, a member of the amen corner obviously:

For the US and other Western imperialist powers, the question of Syrian
allies is more complicated. The Syrian civil war began in 2011 after a
spontaneous mass uprising against Assad, part of the wave of uprisings
dubbed the “Arab Spring” by the Western media.

The evolution of this uprising into a civil war was largely the result
of Western interference.

---

Largely the result of Western interference? I wasn't aware that John
McCain and Samantha Power were using sniper rifles against peaceful
protests in Homs. You learn something new everyday from the amen corner.