[Marxism] Politics and the choices we make

Philip Ferguson philipferguson8 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 17:15:08 MDT 2015

I was 14 when I started going on political protests and have been involved
in the struggle for human emancipation in New Zealand, Britain and Ireland
over the 40-odd years since.

Last week I did a piece on politics and the choices we make, looking at
both bourgeois politicians and those who join left-wing groups full of good
aspirations yet end up being hand-raisers for crappy leaderships of sects
and cults and, in the case of actual revolutionary movements, people who
delude themselves that sell-outs are actually not sell-outs but clever
tactics to the same end.  The specific example that I deal with is the
Republican Movement (SF/IRA) in Ireland.  The bourgeois politicians I deal
with are the current leader of the National Party and the former leader of
the Labour Party (in NZ) and the far-left cult I deal with is the
Barnesites, although I deal with more than them.

See: https://rdln.wordpress.com/2015/10/08/politics-and-the-choices-we-make/

Phil