[Marxism] Excellent new book on Israel by Jeff Halper

A.R. G amithrgupta at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 18:54:49 MDT 2015

Without having Jeff's book, I can't comment, but the commentary from
Machover looks overly reductive. It has never been explained to me how
recognizing the power and influence of billionaires and their lobbyists
contradicts Marxism, let alone how it contradicts discussion of the
military-industrial complex. These are different elements in the same
structural process. Given that, it's difficult for me to see how, depending
on the time, place, and context, billionaire lobbyists couldn't demand
something and get it that would undermine the long-term interests of the
ruling class overall -- given that that is exactly what they've done in
other places, such as the economy and the environment.

That capitalism can release political forces which it cannot control is not
something worth seriously debating -- especially given that one of those
political forces is communism.

- Amith