[Marxism] Time to recall that the enemy is at home

Anthony Hartin anthony.hartin at desy.de
Thu Oct 15 03:38:22 MDT 2015

Luko is correct. To the extent that Syria is a proxy war between Russia
and US we have to want and argue for the defeat of the US. I say that as
a national of one US ally living in the borders of another US ally.

However the situation in Syria is decidedly messy. I'm not so sure
Russia and the US are as opposed on this issue as it appeared a couple
of weeks ago - it disappeared from the front pages very quickly. Look,
Iran just made a peace deal with the US and now its reportedly massing
1000s of troops for an assault on Aleppo with air support from Russia. I
dont believe that the US didnt know this was the plan.

Undoubtedly the kernel of the Syrian Arab Spring is in there somewhere,
but I dont know how you separate it out from all the other imperial
interference going on.

Tony

    On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 10:02 PM, Lüko Willms
    <marxism at lists.csbs.utah.edu>

Clay writes in reply:

     >Does that apply to the people of Libya and Syria too, or were they
    expected
     >to put up with fascist dictatorships in the interest of "The
    Resistance?"

     >I don't think anybody is arguing that US imperialism isn't our
    main enemy.
     >We're just internationalist who believe we should support the
    Libyan and