[Marxism] Time to recall that the enemy is at home

Anthony Hartin anthony.hartin at desy.de
Thu Oct 15 07:35:33 MDT 2015

Just to state my position, I think its clear that Syrians were inspired
by the Arab Spring and took to the streets for progressive reasons. Its
equally clear that the State reacted repressively and that in the end
protestors were justified in taking up arms. However over the
intervening years the waters have become less clear. It doesnt help
Russia's case that they have taken up the methods and media campaign of
the US - circa 2003. If Russia and the US manage to smash up each
other's proxy armies, perhaps there would be a small space for
progressive forces to re-emerge. However I think things are too far gone
for that now