[Marxism] SOLIDARITY WITH THE PALESTINIAN UPRISING, 18 Oct 5PM, NYC

A.R. G amithrgupta at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 20:22:53 MDT 2015

*From NYC Students for Justice in Palestine & NY4Palestine*

https://www.facebook.com/events/1509792672665088/1509867779324244/

*Sunday, 18 October 2015, 5PM Times Square*

In the past few weeks over 30 Palestinians have been killed and more than
300 wounded in acts of IDF/settler agression in the West Bank, East
Jerusalem and Gaza.

*BRING A PALESTINIAN FLAG AND A KEFFIYEH WITH YOU*. We will make Times
Square a SEA of Palestinian flags to show the zionists how many stand with
our cause.

activists have chosen to organize a 'Jewish Lives Matter' rally in Times
Square this Sunday, October 18th at 5:00pm. They will be wearing blue and
white to represent Israel, as well as IDF t-shirts. Besides the fact that
they are appropriating the black liberation movement by hijacking the
slogan Black Lives Matter, they are holding a moment of silence for
murdered israelis without regard for the disproportionate violence and
death experienced by the Palestinians every day.

They are glorifying the terrorist organization of the IDF, who are
responsible for the torture and murder of Palestinian civilians. In the
past week, over 20 Palestinian youth have been murdered by settlers, many
of which have graphic video evidence being taunted by and mutilated by
israeli settlers during and after death. Where is their moment of silence?
This Sunday, we stand against outrageous number Palestinian children and
civilians that have been murdered by those belonging to the same Zionist
group as those gathering in Times Square on this day.

We stand against 'Israels right to defend' itself against innocent children
and civilians who clearly pose no threat.

We stand in solidarity with the movement for Palestinian liberation from
60+ years of Zionist occupation, violence, and settler-colonialism.

We stand in retaliation to the appropriation of the black liberation
movement.

We stand against Zionist repression, and racist Zionist ideology that
weighs israeli deaths as warranting more outrage than that of Palestinians,
when Palestinian deaths are greater in number and weaker in justification.

Bring keffiyehs, flags, signs and join us on this day. Join us loudly in
proclaiming that Resistance is not Terrorism, Occupation and Colonialism
are Terrorism!

*Endorsed by:*
NYC Students for Justice in Palestine
NY4Palestine
American Muslims for Palestine (AMP) NY & NJ
Al-Awda NY: The Palestine Right to Return Coalition
Samidoun Palestinian Prisoner Solidarity Network
International Action Center
Existence is Resistance
Labor for Palestine
NYC Solidarity with Palestine