[Marxism] Time to recall that the enemy is at home

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Oct 16 07:47:46 MDT 2015

On 10/16/15 2:09 AM, Mark Richey via Marxism wrote:
> As far as massacres are concerend, a jihadist vitory would mean
> massive pogroms against ethnic and religious minorities.  The
> jihadists don't conceal this fact!  They in fact brag about it!   How
> can you avoid mentioning that little fact?

Since you are a newcomer to Marxmail, let me give you some advice. You
are on a Marxism list, not just a leftwing list. Many of the most
frequent posters have spent decades in Marxist organizations and are
used to reading Lenin, Trotsky et al. Their articles always took great
care to back up their arguments with data. Since I was trained by the
men and women who consulted with Leon Trotsky in Mexico in the 1930s,
this tradition means a lot to me even if I think that the Trotskyist
movement has been largely futile. So, for example, when I wrote about
al-Nusra a while back, I took great care to do some research before I
wrote anything
(http://louisproyect.org/2015/10/05/a-closer-look-at-jabhat-al-nusra/).
I don't care what your analysis is but I have a great deal of trouble
with your aversion to substantial documentation to back it up.