[Marxism] Syrian Coalition: Assad Squandered Syria’s Sovereignty to Israeli, Russian and Iranian Aggressors

Mark Richey markrichey at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 19 07:32:05 MDT 2015

You could say much the same thing about many regimes in the region, or elsewhere, such as Egypt, or Pakistan.  How does that justify massive foreign armed intervention, together with violence particularly directed against ethnic and religious minorities?  That is your implication.  Have Libyans seen a more humane economic system put in place?

 Also, there is very little evidence that the jihadists are critics of the Syrian economic model.  When interviewed, such as in the recent interview of the chief of al-Nusra, they only call for murder of Assad and Hassan Nasrallah, of Lebanon, and also of the Alawite population ('hundreds of missiles on Alawite cities.') in general.  Pure sectarian/ethnic/religious hatred.

 I have never seen any indication that the jihadists and former Assad military chiefs have any agenda other than putting in place a dictatorship with THEM in charge--and a dictatorship involving genocide against the Syrian minorities, who have nearly all fled when their territory is conquered by jihadists.