[Marxism] Fwd: CounterPunch fund drive | Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Oct 25 13:24:27 MDT 2015

Twenty-two years ago I took out a subscription to a newsletter that was
advertised in the back pages of the Nation Magazine. It was called
CounterPunch and edited by Ken Silverstein. It was the same back pages
where I had found out about Doug Henwood’s Left Business Observer a few
years earlier. In the early 90s such newsletters were carrying on the
tradition of I.F. Stone’s Weekly. Even though the Internet was gathering
momentum, it was still a time when the worldwide web was still in its
relative infancy.

After Ken had written an article about Goldman-Sachs, I sent off an
email (the only use of the net for most people at the time) letting him
know about a mass firing that took place at my old workplace. In the
next issue he recounted my story about how a bunch of managers with
names ending in vowels had been sent home in town cars because the new
manager, a scumbag West Point graduate named Rick Adam who would also be
fired later on, decided that they lacked the proper credentials. Years
later I ran into one of these ex-managers at Columbia University who
told me that he was washing windows there. I was delighted to see
CounterPunch spilling the goods on those rotten bastards at Goldman.

full: http://louisproyect.org/2015/10/25/counterpunch-fund-drive/