[Marxism] Fwd: Seymour Hersh vindicated on sarin gas attack? Not really | Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Oct 26 12:45:48 MDT 2015

As I pointed out in my article on “Baathist Truthers”, most members of
the amen corner simply operate on a different basis than Marxism. Their
method can be described as conspiracism and has a long history on the
left. In its latest permutation, it boils down to a bastardized form of
“investigative journalism” in which there is an almost obsessional need
to find out the key piece of documentation—a Wikileaks cable, etc.—that
will finally prove that the USA is responsible for everything bad that
has happened in Syria rather than a bitter conflict over rival class
interests. Syrian society? Don’t bother me with such irrelevancies, our
conspiracists would maintain. The only thing that matters are CIA plots.

You get the same thing with Ukraine. From the minute the Euromaidan
protests erupted, they were looking for the “proof” that the USA was
behind the unrest. A phone call made by State Department Official
Victoria Nuland was to blame, not corruption or police brutality. In
such a schema, the Ukrainian or Syrian workers were marionettes sitting
motionlessly on their behinds until the puppet-master began pulling
their strings.

full:
http://louisproyect.org/2015/10/26/seymour-hersh-vindicated-on-sarin-gas-attack-not-really/