[Marxism] Fwd: Armchair War-Gaming Isn’t Helping Syrians - Truthdig

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Oct 29 12:51:56 MDT 2015

The full-scale entry of Russia into the carnage in Syria has
unfortunately befuddled a number of people on the left. Justifiably
disgusted with the imperial adventures and genocides of the West, they
take a twisted leap in logic and see Russian bombing as a way to move
things forward. One hears talk of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad now
being the “lesser evil,” compared with Islamic State. The revolutions
dubbed the Arab Spring are consigned to the recycle bin of history. It’s
time to get realistic, we are told. The talk is of geopolitics and
national interests and spheres of influence. As for the Syrian people
themselves, we’re told their rebellion got hijacked years ago, so their
voices no longer count.

full:
http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/armchair_war-gaming_isnt_helping_syrians_20151028