[Marxism] Fwd: bellingcat - Examining the Turkish Sarin “Recipe”

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Oct 31 07:35:07 MDT 2015

On 10/30/15 9:47 PM, Mark Richey wrote:
> The great bulk of fighting in Syria is done by foreign mercenaries,
> most of them Wahabists who behead captured Syrian soldiers regularly.
> Even the pro US 'syrian Observatory', a one man British expatriate,
> admits that.
>
> As for the indigenous rebels (aside from the Kurds who want their own
> nation), they are led, largely, by ex Assad army officers on the take
> from the US, who assumed Assad would quickly go the way of Khadafy
> and wanted to be on the 'winning side.'  NOt 'poor farmers', etc.
> etc., most of whom have fled Syria or to government held areas to
> escape the head choppers.
>
> I won't engage with someone who simply makes up facts about Syria
> that even pro US sources don't credit.

Richey, I don't appreciate evasiveness, especially from someone who
seems to be as familiar with Marxist theory as I am with quantum mechanics.

I point to scholarly material about the social and economic causes of
the uprising and you ignore it. This is the second time you have done that.

I understand that you have somehow wandered into a forum where there are
people who have been involved with Marxist theory and analysis for
probably longer than you have lived and that you simply lack the
wherewithal to discuss things in class terms but I can't allow you to
waste bandwidth much longer especially since every single post you have
made here is harping on the same topic.

Read any Gramsci lately that has exercised the old cerebrum? Maybe you'd
want to share that with us. The clock is ticking.