[Marxism] Fwd: How did we end up here? | Charlie Hebdo

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Apr 2 07:21:44 MDT 2016

Charlie Hebdo now has an English section on their website. They explain
the massacre in Belgium as an outcome of taking bacon off the croissant
menu:

Take the local baker, who has just bought the nearby bakery and replaced
the old, recently-retired guy, he makes good croissants. He's likeable
and always has a ready smile for all his customers. He's completely
integrated into the neighbourhood already. Neither his long beard nor
the little prayer-bruise on his forehead (indicative of his great piety)
bother his clientele. They are too busy lapping up his lunchtime
sandwiches. Those he sells are fabulous, though from now on there's no
more ham nor bacon. Which is no big deal because there are plenty of
other options on offer - tuna, chicken and all the trimmings. So, it
would be silly to grumble or kick up a fuss in that much-loved
boulangerie. We'll get used to it easily enough. As Tariq Ramadan
helpfully instructs us, we'll adapt. And thus the baker's role is done.

full: https://charliehebdo.fr/en/edito/how-did-we-end-up-here/