[Marxism] The national question in popular consciousness

Ken Hiebert knhiebert at shaw.ca
Sat Apr 9 09:40:10 MDT 2016

Last night I attended a concert of the Vancouver Welsh Men's Choir.  Among the songs I heard for the first time was The Fields of Athenry.
Written in the 1970's, it refers back to the 1840's and the struggle against "famine and crown."  It is performed often at sporting events in ireland and is popular among the supporters of the Celtics in Scotland.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fields_of_Athenry

This once again confirms that traumatic events live on in memory and affect consciousness for generations to come.

				ken h