[Marxism] Positivism versus antipositivism

modulus modulus at spiritofcontradiction.eu
Sat Apr 9 13:13:35 MDT 2016

On 09/04/2016 17:41, Walter Logeman via Marxism wrote:
> I am motivated to further explore the relationship between marxism and
> psychological work. Freud / Marx discussions seem dated. Where to
> start?

There are some fairly interesting soviet psychologists who did useful
work. I personally think Freud is a dead end and not particularly
interested in that stream of things.

The MIA has a section on psychology:
https://www.marxists.org/subject/psychology/marxists.htm

That's the part with Marxist authors. This contains other non-marxist
authors and references:
https://www.marxists.org/subject/psychology/index.htm

L. S. Vygotsky:
https://www.marxists.org/archive/vygotsky/collected-works.htm
Ilyenkov: https://www.marxists.org/archive/ilyenkov/

This said, these texts are old and one has to take them at a distance
sometimes.

--David.