[Marxism] Stanford SJP shuts down Palestinian refugee event, falsely blames it on Alison Weir

A.R. G amithrgupta at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 19:51:01 MDT 2016

Quick correction.

From: Alison Weir
Date: Sat, Apr 9, 2016 at 9:46 PM
----------------
I just want to correct one phrase on [your] marxmail
<http://www.marxmail.org/msg137943.html> post: "Alison Weir had nothing to
do with the event and apparently showed up to hand out flyers for her
website."

Actually, Paul [one of the tour organizers] had specifically requested that
I come to the event to listen to Amena's talk, so I dropped some projects I
was working on and rode down with them; I didn't just show up.
Second, I didn't hand out flyers.

The day before we had talked about the importance of having written
materials at the talks, so it was arranged that IAK would supply these --
particularly, the Synopsis flyer, Origins booklet, Right of Return booklet,
map cards, etc. When we got to Stanford these materials were placed on a
table at the back along with some of my books, whose sale would have
benefited the tour. When they objected to the books these were removed.

- Amith