[Marxism] Fwd: All you need to know about the Russia Insider scandal–and more | Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Apr 17 12:22:49 MDT 2016

Like the better known Worker’s Spatula, Russia In Your Face (RIYF) is a
parody website. While Worker’s Spatula tends to dish out RT.com type
talking points, you can tell by the other site’s name that it is just
the opposite. What they have in common is that their references can be
obscure, which leads to a certain in joke tendency.

In the latest RIYF parody, there is a riff on an online magazine called
Russia Insider that I have only the slightest familiarity with. It is a
pro-Kremlin outlet that might be likened to Fox News’s Bill O’Reilly
with RIYF playing Stephen Colbert’s old show on Comedy Central off of
it. Here’s a snippet from the piece:

	For years, a Western-funded, Russophobic parody site has mocked Russia
and our dear leader. Thankfully their tomfoolery is soon coming to an end.

Russia Insider, or more accurately Russophobia Inside Her, was a site
clearly designed to embarrass pro-Russian journalism by using ridiculous
hyperbole. They try to embarrass people like our fine staff by making
all pro-Russia journalists seem like Putin (Glory to his name)
worshipers and conspiracy theorists. Well now this site has been exposed
for what we all knew it was- a CIA psyop.

This is a somewhat subtle joke. Actually, Russia Insider was not
Russophobic at all. It was just like RT.com, Sputnik News, and a host of
Western fellow travelers like Moon of Alabama, Information Clearing
House, et al—a totally slavish conveyer of Kremlin talking points.

full:
https://louisproyect.org/2016/04/17/all-you-need-to-know-about-the-russia-insider-scandal-and-more/