[Marxism] Karl Korsch and 'Capital'

Philip Ferguson philipferguson8 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 19:00:20 MDT 2016

Korsch in 1932 on the enduring relevance and appeal of Marx's *Capital*:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2013/09/20/karl-korsch-on-tremendous-and-enduring-impact-of-marxs-capital-1932/

Korsch also wrote what I think is the best book on Marx's ideas (or
certainly one of the very best).  I especially liked the two parts on
historical specificity (or, as Korsch called it, historical specification),
which I think is crucial to understanding Marx and which I intend to write
something about on Redline one day.  Korsch's book on Marx was published in
London in 1191138, reprinted in 1963 but has been out of print ever since.
It's a very worthwhile read:
https://www.marxists.org/archive/korsch/1938/karl-marx/index.htm

Phil