[Marxism] New on Redline blog

Philip Ferguson philipferguson8 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 19:30:53 MDT 2016

*Gallipoli and NZ imperialism*

The poppies are out again.  We’re all expected to give to the RSA and to
wear one of their poppies to show our respect for NZ combatants who died in
wars abroad.  But it doesn’t really take more than a second or two of
reflection about Gallipoli, the centrepiece around which war is recalled in
NZ and poppies worn, before a couple of questions present themselves.

Why was New Zealand invading Turkey?

What was World War One about?
And there’s the rub.

full at:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2016/04/19/gallipoli-and-new-zealand-imperialism/

*UN leadership contest - Helen Clark is the ultra-establishment candidate: *

https://rdln.wordpress.com/2016/04/15/un-leadership-contest-helen-clark-is-the-ultra-establishment-candidate/

*Michael Roberts on the Panama Papers*:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2016/04/14/michael-roberts-on-the-panama-papers/

*Shakespeare 400 years on*:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2016/04/10/shakespeare-400-years-on/

*Tax havens - natural and inescapable product of capitalism: *
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2016/04/09/tax-havens-natural-and-inescapable-product-of-capitalism/

*Free trade isn't the problem - it's capitalism:*
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2016/04/08/free-trade-isnt-the-problem-its-capitalism/

*Whose time is it anyway - distribution workers, time and alienation: *
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2016/04/07/whose-time-is-it-anyway-time-distribution-workers-and-alienation/