[Marxism] Fwd: Cuba and the Future: a Great Debate Has Just Begun

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Apr 25 08:13:49 MDT 2016

(By Nelson Valdes, a long-time and highly respected scholar of the Cuban
Revolution. One wonders if Lippmann will spew his venom at him as well.)

The re-stratification of Cuban society had begun. One should note that
the size of the work force involved in state employment has declined
while the private sector continues to grow.

Recent changes in US policy toward the island reveal the Obama
administration objective: riding such major shifts in Cuban employment
and property patterns in order to foment a Thermidorean Reaction that
would bring to an end the Cuban revolutionary regime.*

In his recent public speech, Fidel Castro said, “To our brothers and
sisters of the world we have to say, the Cuban people shall overcome.”
[7] Fidel Castro has considered the possibility of two alternative Cuban
revolutionary regimes: one without capitalism, the other with it but
under the leadership of the Communist Party. In either case the issue,
as in 1959, is sovereignty.

full:
http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/04/25/cuba-and-the-future-a-great-debate-has-just-begun/