[Marxism] 100th anniversary of the 1916 Rebellion

Philip Ferguson philipferguson8 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 18:18:55 MDT 2016

April 24 marked the 100th anniversary of the Irish Rebellion of 1916,
although back then the 24th was Monday not Sunday as this year.

In 1995/96 I did a 120,000-word masters thesis on the road to the Rising,
the war for independence and winners and losers in the new 'free
state'/civil war outcome.  In the first two chapters I also looked at the
rise of historical revisionism - a virulently anti-republican school of
Irish historiography.

All the chapters are listed here:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2016/01/12/100th-anniversary-of-irelands-1916-rebellion/