[Marxism] Nada Elia: Time to Stop Celebrating Jewish Dissent in Palestine Solidarity Mvmt

A.R. G amithrgupta at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 15:58:09 MDT 2016

"Identifying Chabon's ethnicity simply means his criticisms of Israel are
to be taken more seriously than that of a Gentile (who might be
anti-Semitic) in the eyes of the general public. "

What is "simple" about that? That is the central part of Zionist racism:
That political decision-making in Palestine is the exclusive provenance of
Jews from anywhere in the world and that opposition generally should be
seen as "anti-Semitic". Her entire point is that that isn't so "simple".

I'm not sure what you mean to compare Jews in America or elsewhere to black
people in America. The analogy (if one is necessary) would be to white
people in America. Following your logic (admittedly this is a cheap
analogy) it would mean that we should promote white people's voices because
they have greater legitimacy and are less likely to be written off as black
hatred of the white, or due to "fears of a black planet," or because Glenn
Beck and Alex Jones' moronic followers believe that blacks are out to get
them.

In the short run, it might be a simpler way to convince racists, but in the
long term it reaffirms that blacks (and Palestinians) are secondary and
that solidarity with them is limited to those who are racially approved by
the states in question. It's like a form-vs-content contradiction.

- Amith