[Marxism] NATO, Jim Foley and Honduras.

Prashad, Vijay Vijay.Prashad at trincoll.edu
Thu Apr 28 17:08:19 MDT 2016

Lou,
I guess the difference here is in the timescales. If you take a short
timescale - which begins in 2013, then perhaps your view of the events is
correct. And I¹m not getting into the weeds here.
If you take a longer timescale - one that begins in 1986 or thereabouts -
then the question of NATO¹s eastward expansion is germane to the very
dangerous confrontations that are taking place not only in Ukraine but
also in Romania and in the Baltic Sea. It is the case that there are NATO
members that have a close, even fraternal, relations with Moscow and its
leadership. However, these hardly determine NATO policy.
Warmly, Vijay.