[Marxism] Nada Elia: Time to Stop Celebrating Jewish Dissent in Palestine Solidarity Mvmt

Jeff meisner at xs4all.nl
Thu Apr 28 18:07:46 MDT 2016

At 19:50 28-04-16 -0400, Louis Proyect via Marxism wrote:

>On 4/28/16 7:31 PM, Jeff via Marxism wrote:
>> But in the case of the event at Stanford, the speaking engagement became an
>> opportunity for Alison Weir and her openly right-wing organization to gain
>> legitimacy they don't deserve.
>
>What do you mean by openly rightwing? Like the Hoover Institution? Or
>the Bill O'Reilly Show? I have looked at her website pretty thoroughly
>and it is all about Palestinians

That's because:
1) Antisemitism of the old right can now by presented as "sympathy with Palestine"
2) "Realpolitik" opposition to Israel gains traction by being appealing to "sympathy with Palestine"
3) The Palestine liberation movement has been very successful in promoting sympathy with Palestine, and in dispelling the view of anti-zionism = antisemitism, and inadvertently these successes have made (1) and (2) possible.

Look at the older versions of their websites before they became so sophisticated. Read in between the lines. Look at ALL of their other political positions.

It's late here; I'll supply more evidence tomorrow, if this is the issue.
- Jeff