[Marxism] Nada Elia: Time to Stop Celebrating Jewish Dissent in Palestine Solidarity Mvmt

A.R. G amithrgupta at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 00:57:56 MDT 2016

Kevin, pls see this video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jKqkm5j7qd4

Again, the only issue with Alison was that one of those "excellent written
materials" questioned Israel's right to exist. That excellent material was
not written by her. That was the issue that Alison turned out to be: the
flyer she brought sparked a disagreement that made the speaker -- not the
students -- call off the event. Alison Weir's presence was tangential, and
technically the students didnt cancel the event at all -- the speaker did.

I'm going off what both Paul and Amena (the speaker) said combined with the
fact that the students have since conceded that they did, in fact, ask the
speaker not to challenge Israel's right to exist:
https://www.facebook.com/notes/stanford-students-for-justice-in-palestine/on-the-events-of-april-6th-2016/1019432714815563

I posted links to a video interview and longer discussion about it earlier.

As for whether Paul was naive or disingenuous about Weir's presence in
the audience, her speaking tips, or bringing flyers, does it matter? That
is a truly bizzarre reason to cancel an event even if it were the actual
reason given that it was not, in fact, Weir's event.

And if it was the reason, then why did they concede that they asked the
speaker not to challenge Israel's right to exist? Answer: they lied

--
- Amith