[Marxism] Fwd: The Sanders campaign is officially over. Now his supporters wonder: What’s next? - The Washington Post

Clay Claiborne clayclai at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 21:34:26 MDT 2016


On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 3:01 PM, Mark Lause <markalause at gmail.com> wrote:

> As to the Trump bullshit, we've heard the same thing about every
> Republican since I've been watching the elections.
> Chers,
> Mark L.
>
> I have no idea who you've been listening to. I've been watching every US
presidential election since 1964, and the Trump campaign is far and away
the most openly and profoundly white racist campaign in my memory.

What do you have to back up your argument? I want to hear it!

Nixon in 1968 - "law & order" "silent [white] majority" - racist for sure -
in the same class as banning all Muslims, building a wall, and blaming BLM
for the cop killings? I don't think so,

Goldwater in1964 -
http://www.nytimes.com/1964/08/07/goldwater-bars-klan-aid.html?_r=0

>  In rejecting support of the Klan, Mr. Goldwater seemed to have overruled
> both Mr. Miller and the new Republican Na­tional Chairman, Dean Burch. In
> recent days both of them have said that the Republicans would not reject
> the support of Klansmen.
>

So in '64 Goldwater was actually to the left of the RNC with regards to the
KKK - in 1964!

Fast forward 52 years. We have a Republican presidential candidate that
refuses to be as definitive as Goldwater on the KKK, and he enjoys this
kind of support from the white left: "As to the Trump bullshit, we've heard
the same thing about every Republican since I've been watching the
elections."

Yes, I regard downplaying the virulent racism of the Don Trump movement to
be a kind of support.

People of color are already suffering from this campaign in ways that white
people aren't, so my perspective may be a little different.

So now I want to see you defend that outrageous statement because down
playing the extreme racism of the Trump campaign [and all that is building
behind it] will only further alienate the colored masses from the white
Left.

The same white Left that takes the "principled" stand of opposing all war
(since they aren't subjected to any) even a no-fly zone or defensive
weapons in Syria ( since they aren't being bombed ) and back this
indifference with a racist notion of who is really behind the Syrian
revolution, will also take the "principled" stand of not voting for Hilary
even if it puts an open white supremacist in the White House.

Its all about taking positions they feel good about. Not about changing the
world for the downtrodden. That ain't them.

So what is the opinion of those on the white left that plan to vote for
anybody but Hilary even if it puts an open white supremacist in the White
House about the fact that the vast majority of black people will vote
against Trump by voting for the lesser evil?

Who do they think is making the wiser decision or is it just that each
group is voting their interest?

Clay



More information about the Marxism mailing list