[Marxism] Fwd: The Battle of Aleppo | Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Aug 7 14:30:12 MDT 2016

In my review of Gilbert Achcar’s “Morbid States”, I referred to the
imminent fall of East Aleppo—an event that would likely mean that the
war would end on terms favorable to the Baathist dictatorship. Just
three days after posting the article, I was quite surprised and elated
to discover that the battle had turned against the Baathists. In a
surprise attack on the Ramosa military base, an alliance of rebel groups
gained control of its weaponry and opened up a corridor that will allow
food and medical supplies to be shipped in to the besieged slums.

full: https://louisproyect.org/2016/08/07/the-battle-of-aleppo/