[Marxism] My critique of Jill Stein on Syria and then some...

Manuel Barrera mtomas3 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 10 15:26:30 MDT 2016

Clay: "Well, the battle lines are being drawn and everybody is being forced to take a side. There are the 1) Trump forces, 2) Anti-Trump forces and 3)
Anti-Hilllary forces. Comes November only one side can win."

That's exactly the problem with your position, Clay. You seem to think that the election is some kind of battle between "good and evil". I would call it a status update where the motion toward independent political action on the part of the oppressed and working people is going to be at that juncture. The degree to which campaigns like Jill Stein affect the elections at all will be a much better measure of the potential for actual struggle than whether Trump or Clinton get elected. I know you believe in the fear-mongering. To paraphrase brother Muhammad Ali, We've been in jail for 400 years and we've been afraid of reaction and racism since the 60's (at least). It's time we bust out, stop being afraid at what "they'll" do to us because they're going to do it no matter what. It's time we made a stand and stop making fear our political strategy. Long past time. Stop cowering and stand up.

It's the only way.