[Marxism] No concern for the opposition

MM marxmail00 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 18:53:41 MST 2016

> On Dec 1, 2016, at 3:01 PM, wytheholt--- via Marxism <marxism at lists.csbs.utah.edu> wrote:
>
> The real problem is that this claptrap -- the use of over-the-top language, racist, sexist, homophobic, and maligning -- mirrors what is going on in the world of "journalism."  Insults and name-calling are getting built into regular "political" speech and commentary.  Anger and meanness suffuse all characterization.  This 21-year-old Montanan believes that, in the future, ONLY insulting name-calling prose will even be listened to.

There’s a good reason Roosevelt’s famous line about “speaking softly” finds resonance: Most people intuitively understand (even if they typically behave otherwise) how easily speaking loudly can be mistaken for carrying a big stick. They also intuitively understand such a mistake can be fatal if you’re the one doing the ranting, empty handed, and your adversary has come to the fight prepared.

Trump may have a thin skin, but I don’t think the same is true about the people he’s discovering he now works for.

“Don’t malign, organize!” (Sorry, Joe.)