[Marxism] Fwd: No concern for the opposition

Mark Lause markalause at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 09:33:43 MST 2016

I have been so busy that I haven't weighed in on this until now, but I
think The North Star or anything like it is meaningless if we are not, at
least in part, a voice for those struggling to find their voice.

What the article discusses is what I hear regularly from students--often in
the same language.  I could despair at the clumsiness of expression or the
incomplete character of their thoughts.  But I am tickled to death that
capitalism is continuing to recruit and train its own gravediggers.  It
gives me more than a little hope that it will continue to do so after we
are all gone.

At some point, we really need to confront thefailure of the Boomers to pass
on the essential lessons we got had coming out of the radicalization of the
1960s and 1970s.  Whenever I see young people stumbling for understanding
or trying to figure out how to have a demonstration, I get very flustered
with them, but hopefully show it rarely.  The real question is where the
hell were the grey-haired activists who were supposed to help them learn to
walk.

Where were the Boomers when Occupy was being led off like lambs to the
slaughter, eh?  And don't get me started about BLM or the Greens.  :-)

ML