[Marxism] Fwd: scans_daily | Is This Tomorrow: America Under Communism!

Jeff meisner at xs4all.nl
Mon Dec 5 09:37:44 MST 2016

On 2016-12-05 04:00, Louis Proyect via Marxism wrote:

>  Is This Tomorrow
> envisions, step by step, how a communist takeover of America might
> take place

Hahahaha, this was absolutely hilarious! I haven't seen one in many
years, but I always got a kick watching such cold war propaganda films,
usually black and white shorts on 16mm from the 50's. But I remember
there was even such a Hollywood drama made well into the 80's, by which
time they were a little more sophisticated but still quite laughable.

Of course these have to be viewed strictly as comedy, so for humorless
types (or if you're just in a bad mood) it will appear as one after
another outrageous depictions of communists. You just have to remember
that authors of such material can only project their own inclinations on
the scary communists they're portraying. So when this comic shows
"communists" using ethnic intolerance, control of the press and
education, and arresting dissidents, these are just the means that they
could imagine using themselves. Or that they have used, come to think of
it.

- Jeff