[Marxism] Fwd: Louis Allday, "Controlling the Narrative on Syria"

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Dec 14 07:46:32 MST 2016

This fucking idiot is unbelievable:

"I have not been silent on the issue in the public domain, but frankly I
too have occasionally found myself feeling intimidated.  Consequently, I
have not written as much on this area as I could have.  Indeed, it is
likely that as a result of writing this article, some of the individuals
that I mention will attack me publicly as some kind of combination of
crypto-fascist Assadist, stooge of Putin/Iran and deluded white
anti-imperialist; many others may silently judge me in much the same way."

For the past 5 years, there have been--without exaggeration--20
pro-Assad articles to every one like mine. All you need to do is keep
tabs on Salon, Counterpunch, Jacobin, The Nation, Truthout, the LRB,
Alternet, Znet and any other left or liberal website to see this.

Everything about the pro-Assad left is based on lies, including Allday's
absurd article.