[Marxism] Looming political crisis at the highest level of the capitalist state

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Dec 16 20:10:18 MST 2016

John Podesta was chairman of Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign.

The more we learn about the Russian plot to sabotage Hillary Clinton’s
campaign and elect Donald Trump, and the failure of the FBI to
adequately respond, the more shocking it gets. The former acting
director of the CIA has called the Russian cyberattack “the political
equivalent of 9/11.” Just as after the real 9/11, we need a robust,
independent investigation into what went wrong inside the government and
how to better protect our country in the future.

As the former chair of the Clinton campaign and a direct target of
Russian hacking, I understand just how serious this is. So I was
surprised to read in the New York Times that when the FBI discovered the
Russian attack in September 2015, it failed to send even a single agent
to warn senior Democratic National Committee officials. Instead,
messages were left with the DNC IT “help desk.” As a former head of the
FBI cyber division told the Times, this is a baffling decision: “We are
not talking about an office that is in the middle of the woods of Montana.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/john-podesta-something-is-deeply-broken-at-the-fbi/2016/12/15/51668ab4-c303-11e6-9a51-cd56ea1c2bb7_story.html