[Marxism] Russian ambassador assassinated

Andrew Pollack acpollack2 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 13:34:59 MST 2016

The Times' account of the shooting says the diplomat "had been shot from
behind while finishing his opening remarks at the opening of the
exhibition, called 'Russia Through Turks’ Eyes.'”

I suspect the exhibition might have some insights into the historic
context, insights which would be especially interesting with Russia's
resumption of its imperial role vis-a-vis its neighbors. Wish I was a fly
on the wall at the coming meeting of Russia, Turkey and Iran preparing
meetings between Syria and "the opposition"...

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/19/world/europe/russia-ambassador-shot-ankara-turkey-report.html?_r=0