[Marxism] Two films

Ken Hiebert knhiebert at shaw.ca
Sun Feb 7 13:11:38 MST 2016

This weekend I dropped in on the World Community Film Festival in Courtenay, BC. http://www.worldcommunity.ca/film-festival/

I saw How to Change the World, a documentary on Greepeace. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4144504/
I am happy to recommend this film.
In one way it is a period piece.  At the time, it was not regarded as odd that a boat would set out on a protest voyage carrying only men.  And the decision making, if we can call it that, was based on forceful and charismatic  individuals, with little process to allow a voice for all.
This is not to take away from their remarkable achievements.

My partner saw Nefertiti's Daughters.  Based on her account I would recommend it.
"Nefertiti's Daughters is a story of women, art and revolution. Told by prominent Egyptian artists, this documentary witnesses the critical role revolutionary street art played during the Egyptian uprisings."
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3909458/

					ken h