[Marxism] new Times revelations

Michael Karadjis mkaradjis at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 07:06:24 MST 2016

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Pollack via Marxism

<http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/10/world/middleeast/syrian-opposition-groups-sense-us-support-fading.html?ref=todayspaper>

"American-backed insurgents have long been used to the American stance
in
recent years, that the United States did not want them to actually win
the
war ..."

Orwellianism caught out straight away. "American-backed" rebels that
America doesn't back.

Article heading: "Syrian opposition groups sense US support fading."

"Fading"? From what? Unlikely to have been a quote. A more likely Syrian
quote here:

Assad's Partners in Washington - by Karam Nachar
10-02-2016: When John Kerry tells one of my closest friends: "The Syrian
Opposition will be decimated in three months" he does not say that as an
analyst, an interlocutor, or a cocktail party guest, he says it as the
most senior foreign affairs official of the most powerful country in the
world.
Stop staying the US has "abandoned" us or "betrayed" us. Such words
assume prior friendship and/or an unfortunate turn in behavior. The
Obama administration has blocked assistance to the Syrian opposition
since 2012, allowed the use of chemical weapons against civilians,
transmitted threats from Russia, and is now happily waiting for our
destruction.
I look forward to Obamas end of term in a few months, not because his
successor will make things better, (what good will that be if hundreds
of thousands of Aleppines perish until then?) but because I'll probably
have a better chance to see him after at a public event of sorts, stand
up and shout:
"You have blood on your hands, Mr. President - what a big fool I was to
cry of joy at your inauguration on that icy January day, 2008."
https://www.facebook.com/RadioFreeSyria/photos/a.382885705129976.91927.363889943696219/975800572505150/?type=3&theater