[Marxism] Further on Syrian Kurds

Ken Hiebert knhiebert at shaw.ca
Thu Feb 11 08:24:25 MST 2016

http://internationalviewpoint.org/spip.php?article4377

Open letter to the signatories of the declaration “Let us mobilise against dictatorships, imperialist aggression and Daesh. We reject the politics of ‘national security’, racism and austerity”  http://internationalviewpoint.org/spip.php?article4322

We are deeply disappointed, however, to see that the statement says absolutely nothing about the Kurdish revolution or the specific democratic experiment in Rojava, nor does it proclaim solidarity with them. In our view, this is symptomatic of the difficulties that some parts of the revolutionary Left have concerning solidarity with Rojava, the Kurdish revolution and the PKK (Kurdish Workers Party).