[Marxism] Fwd: Bernie Sanders pulls his punches | Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Feb 14 16:17:41 MST 2016

I am a big sports fan but it is very rare for me to watch a basketball,
baseball or football game from beginning to end. Generally I prefer to
read sports columns in the NY Times or, even better, to listen to ESPN
or WFAN with “Vinnie from Staten Island” waxing eloquently on Phil
Jackson’s Zen deviations.

It is sort of the same thing with presidential elections, which are
generally treated as a sporting event as well–like “Sanders and Clinton
are neck in neck in Iowa”, etc. I like to read the commentary but would
prefer root canal to sitting through a Sanders-Clinton debate. It was a
lot easier for me to read the transcript for the latest debate that was
moderated by a couple of knuckleheads from PBS.

After skimming through it, I am beginning to wonder if Sanders is
fighting with one hand behind his back. Hillary Clinton has figured out
that by wrapping herself in Obama’s banner she can line up Black votes.
In the PBS debate,  she kept demanding that he kneel before the
President under whom Black poverty has increased geometrically and who
has made zero impact on curtailing the cops shoot Black people with
impunity.

full: https://louisproyect.org/2016/02/14/bernie-sanders-pulls-his-punches/