[Marxism] Fwd: The Black Panthers: Vanguard of the Revolution Full Film | Video | Independent Lens | PBS

Jeffrey Masko j.alan.masko at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 10:52:11 MST 2016

It is also been criticised by Elaine Brown:

"In his film *The Black Panthers: Vanguard of the Revolution*, black
documentary filmmaker Stanley Nelson slices and dices the history of the
Black Panther Party into a two-dimensional palliative for white people and
Negroes who are comfortable in America’s oppressive status quo.  His film,
a collage of personalized vignettes by erstwhile and self-professed Party
members, culminating in the complete excoriation of the Party’s guiding
genius, Huey P. Newton, is at once shocking and disappointing. It is also
condemnable."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/07/03/ex-black-panther-leader-elaine-brown-slams-stanley-nelson-s-condemnable-documentary.html

--

J.A. Masko
College of Communications

  "The challenge of modernity is to live without illusions and without
becoming disillusioned."

           Antonio Gramsci.