[Marxism] Aleppo

Ken Hiebert knhiebert at shaw.ca
Wed Feb 17 17:15:35 MST 2016

I got this on another list.  Interesting to compare the video with the claims made for it.
				ken h

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98_aua4jbeQ

This excellent interview with Peter Oborne, a daily mail reporter recently returned from Syria, quite brilliantly makes the irrefutable points that:
1) Assad’s forces are widely supported and the ‘good guys’ in Aleppo
2) IS/AL-Nusra and other western-backed jihadis are responsible for the refugee crisis, cutting off water supplies, halving the population of Aleppo, etc.
3) The Jihadis were the force that were besieging Aleppo for the past 4 years – but the west did not report the suffering they were causing to the population.
4) Now the Jihadis have been defeated, and they find themselves under siege and at the point of collapse.
5) Our western press is full of support for the Jihadis – reporting their defeat and rout at the hands of government forces as the cause of the suffering of the people of Aleppo – when in fact the reverse is true.
6) That the people of Aleppo overwhelmingly support Assad, and their quiet heroism is a huge factor in defeating the western-backed jihadis.
Please watch and pass on this excellent interview.
http://redyouth.org/2016/02/16/siege-of-aleppo-defeated/